How it Works
Bricks are available in one size and are sold by the tray (8 bricks per tray). Each brick can be easily removed from our recylable trays and cut with a knife into your desired shape and size. Once placed in their containers, bricks simply need to be saturated before flower stems are inserted. This provides excellent water absorption and very good flower life.
Step 1: Removing the Brick From the Tray
- The brick should release easily from the tray when inverted.
- If a brick does not come out, gently squeeze the sides of the tray surrounding the brick. If it remains stubborn, you can carefully run a knife between the brick and the tray and, when inverted, gently push the brick through the hole on the bottom of the tray
- The tray can be separated into bricks, folded, or kept intact.
Step 2: Cutting the Brick
- You can cut the brick after removing it from the tray.
- You will achieve superior cutting results if you:
- Use a serrated knife to cut the brick in a “sawing” motion (like cutting bread).
- Flip the brick upside down and begin cutting the bottom of the brick.
Step 3: Placing the Brick(s) In the Container
- The bricks can be facing in any direction when added to the container.
- You will have the best results if the bricks are tight in the container rather than with a lot of space between the brick and the sides of the container.
Step 4: Preparing to Saturate the Brick(s)
- Add FloraLife® Flower Food to water following the dosage instructions on the FloraLife® Flower Food package.
Step 5: Saturating the Brick(s)
- Slowly pour the water over the bricks, moving back and forth across the surface so that the water can be absorbed.
- For best results, pour water along the inner sides of the container so that it runs to the bottom of the container, ensuring the absorption of water on all sides of the brick.
- The brick is saturated when water sits on its surface and is no longer absorbed.
- If you have bricks stacked in your container, be sure to allow enough time for the water to be absorbed by all bricks, not just those on top.
Step 6: Cutting the Stems
- Start with high quality flowers.
- If flowers are received dry-packed:
- Re-cut stems
- Hydrate for a minimum of 4 hours
- For best results, hydrate in water properly dosed with FloraLife®
- Flower Food in the cooler at 2-3°C (35-37°F).
- Cut stems at a 45-degree angle to ease insertion.
Step 7: Inserting the Stems
- Insert the stems until you feel resistance in the brick.
- It may take a few insertions to adjust to the “feel” of this new design media.
- The brick is dense – a slow, steady
insertion technique works best.
- If you are struggling to insert very soft stems, you can poke a small hole in the brick with a pencil to help start the stem insertion.
OASIS® TerraBrick™ Floral Media —
OASIS® TerraBrick™ Floral Media is available to the floral design industry in
many regions around the world with many more added every day — see if it’s already available in your country.